Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Jay Bennet, etc.




Jay Bennet,smoking while playing a keyboard,is not cool. Levon Helm,smoking while posing in a field,however is (if you look closely there is the nub of a cigarette in his hand). Not that cigarettes should be glorified in any way, but it just seems a hell of a lot more lame and pretentious when Bennet is chainsmoking on Wilco's I am Trying to Break your Heart Documentary, than Helm's laid back,gritty, trucker/farmer/coal miner, southerner smoking in The Last Waltz.
Me smoking is very not cool. Stay in school kids.
I'm hoping to get started on (so I can finally get finished) recording Pennsylvania Gothic, under the name Tiny Bones Snail. I wrote a lot of the music while Bottled By Fools was still functioning. We're pretty much broken up now, but there has been no formal announcement of it. PA Gothic is going to be released as a collection of short stories with an album serving as a soundtrack. Some of the songs directly correllate to a few of the stories, but most are either separate tales themselves, or readings of parts of stories with background music. But, it takes money to make money, or atleast break even.
I haven't been motivated to blog lately, and I don't feel like typing anymore tonight.
I can't complain. Life is good.
Joshua

4 comments:

danar said...

i love you.

Less Become The :x said...

hey, i just want to give you a heads up of a possible bonfire/festival happening this summer in gilbertsville. we don't have a date confirmed yet, but we have the property owners full excitement about having kids partying on their property again.

more to come.

danar said...

joshua david snell. you delicious man muffin. i want you to call me.

i also don't know the reliability of you reading this anytime soon,

but i also want the world to know that i want you to call me.
and i want the world to also know that i think you are a delicious man muffin.

Unknown said...

Very Nice Blog !
I Like This Very Much.
Snail Farming