Tuesday, April 29, 2008


"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry."

-Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.


You and I scout, The world broke us. But today I realized I have something with you that's stronger than I ever imagined, something beyond whatever title might've been dropped. I am so damn thankful for you, and all we've been through. I am not pained to listen to the ocean through my stereo, sending memories of Mexico smack into my brain, as Conor Oberst secretly sings Cleanse Song to me in my car (gotta keep my street cred). I cherish it all. Everything. You are worth more than all the slurpees, Very Best milkshakes, signed Jack Kerouac photographs, American Spirits, Devendra's naval hair, and Tiffany's earrings combined. The world's a strange place, but atleast we have Ernest Hemingway's bearded-shotgun-blown off face smiling down on us. I love you.

No comments: